My garden is spitting out tomatoes and basil like they are going out of style, and so of course my mind goes straight to Caprese. I adore Caprese, so I decided to use that as the inspiration for this yummy (and super simple!) salad.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped basil
- 6 ounces soft mozzarella cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 grinds freshly ground black pepper (about ¼-1/2 teaspoon)
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions
- If you prefer chunks of mozzarella, put quinoa in the fridge to cool before combining. If you prefer melted cheese, go ahead and combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- This serves 4 people as a main dish, or 6-8 as a side dish.
Then, I was lucky enough to get to share this salad in not one, but two different places! I love spreading the Caprese love!
First, go check out this guest post I was able to do for Mrs. Happy Homemaker. She’s had a bit of a rough go lately as she recently lost her husband unexpectedly, so a bunch of bloggers have banded together to provide her with content for her blog so she will have one less thing to worry about right now. You can check out my guest post right here.
Not long after writing the post, I was contacted by a local TV station that has a cooking show, and asked if I could come demonstrate a recipe. Because it was fresh on my mind, and because I love it, I decided to show off this yummy recipe on the TV show as well. The website for the TV show is here and you can watch the episode right here:
If you haven’t tried quinoa yet, this is the recipe to go for! If you need to stock up on supplies, you can get these right off Amazon:
What about you, are you a Caprese fan?