I make this recipe anytime I need a fast, easy bread. My family loves it, and the leftovers are perfect for sandwiches the next day.
Easy Focaccia Bread With a Whole Wheat Twist
Author: Emily - www.thatswhatieat.com
Recipe type: Bread
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- In a large bowl combine water and yeast.
- Add salt and whole wheat flour, stir until well combined.
- Add all purpose flour, continue to stir with fork.
- All to rest for at least 20 minutes up to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush a sheet cake pan with olive oil and pour dough onto pan. Pour a little olive oil and top and, using your hands, spread the dough out, making the characteristic dimples on top of the dough (I like my bread thick, I usually only spread this to cover about half of the pan).
- Sprinkle top with kosher salt and either Italian seasonings, Herbs de Provence, fresh chopped rosemary or any other fresh or dried herbs you would like.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden and your house smells like heaven.
(Some of my posts contain affiliate links. I am very selective about who I enter into these agreements with and only provide links to resources that I do or would use myself. Thank you for helping support my site!)