(This recipe is adapted from the Cooking Light cookbook, Fresh Food Fast: Weeknight Meals.)
Herb Crusted Chicken with Basil Feta Orzo
Author: Emily www.thatswhatieat.com
- ⅔ cup whole wheat (or gluten free) breadcrumbs (Toss bread in the blender, then toast in a 350 oven for a few minutes)
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (I like to cut them down to "chicken nugget" size.)
- ½ tsp salt
- 5-6 grinds fresh black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ box orzo pasta
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package feta cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- 14-16 grinds fresh black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine panko and Italian seasoning in a shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in panko mixture.
- Heat oil in a large, oven safe skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 3-4 minutes until browned. Flip and cook 3-4 minutes on the other side, then transfer to oven for about 5-10 minutes or until done.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain (make sure to buy whole grain orzo for really clean eating).
- Combine all other ingredients and serve.
(Some of my posts contain affiliate links. I am very selective about who I enter into these agreements with and only provide links to resources that I do or would use myself. Thank you for helping support my site!)