I haven’t met a person yet who doesn’t love a good taco. Don’t tell me you don’t love tacos, because you are either lying or wrong, tacos are the best! These shredded pork tacos are especially great on those days that are going to be super crazy, or that you know you want a lazy day. You dump the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning, and then at dinner time you toss it in a tortilla with your favorite taco toppings. Voila, dinner is served! I love simple, easy meals like this.
In the Clean Eating For Life Program, I teach you how to plan and use recipes like these to make the food you eat every day healthy and delicious. You deserve a happy, healthy life, and I’m ready to show you how!
Here are the basics for the pork tacos. Fist, mix the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and salt. You now have homemade taco seasoning without MSG, hooray! Feel free to use this anytime your recipe calls for taco seasoning. Put the pork roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of the seasoning and then cook on low for 6-8 hours. Put on your favorite whole grain tortilla (here are my favorite tortilla recipes), top with your favorite taco toppings, and enjoy!
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- Pork sirloin tip roast
- diced tomato
- your favorite taco toppings
- whole grain tortillas
- Mix all seasonings together. This is your new taco seasoning! Put it in a container that you can keep for awhile, you won't use it all in one go.
- Put a pork roast in the crockpot.
- Sprinkle generously with about 1 tablespoon of the seasoning
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve on tortillas with diced tomatoes, lettuce, avocados, and whatever other taco toppings you love.